Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Managing Visitors and Volunteers in Natural Areas
Keystone Heights, FL
Managing Visitors & Volunteers in Natural Areas
Presented in a hybrid format for the first time ever (a combination of online and in-person training), this workshop will provide guidance on how to integrate visitors and volunteers into natural areas management.
Online: To be completed at your own pace anytime during the period 8 October — 10 December 2012
In–person: One day field trip on 11 December 2012, at Gold Head Branch State Park, Keystone Heights, FL
· Learn to effectively and appropriately plan recreation opportunities (trails, facilities, etc.) for visitor use
· Apply knowledge of Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) guidelines to develop new facilities and evaluate existing ones
· Create effective and informative interpretation for visitors
· Develop an understanding of benefits and challenges of managing a volunteer program
· Learn about the types of trainings and legal issues required for a volunteer program
· Learn how to recruit volunteers and the important elements of volunteer job descriptions
· Understand the importance of providing recognition for your volunteers
Note: Group tuition rates are available for a single agency registering multiple participants — please contact the workshop coordinator (email@example.com) for details
For more information please contact the Natural Areas Training Academy: